Life seems to just keep moving along and a lot of things have happened since my last post. On Tues., Feb. 19, I went with a group of ladies from our mission to our annual ladies prayer retreat. It's held in a beautiful camp setting northwest of Thunder Bay because of it being central for our eastern staff to come meet us about half way. This year the numbers were down, but God was definitely among us as gathered there. I need to say a huge Thanks to my friend, Elise, for coming to stay with Silver while I was gone those 3 days. Merle was traveling as well, so we were grateful that this worked out.
When I returned on Thurs. the 21st, Elise told me that she'd gone with S. to court and then helped her load up her belongings to move back home with her sister on the reserve. I was prepared for that to happen as she'd talked like it might. On Friday she called to tell me that she'd gotten registered to go to school in there in March. Of course there are many feelings that go along with it all, but for now I'm at peace with it.
Merle and Dave arrived home early this morning and tonight will be the first time Merle and I get to eat supper alone/together for quite some time. Nice!
A good part of my day (and 10 others) was spent at the LHNM office helping with a large mailing.
Later tonight we expect Kendall and Karen Hochstedler to arrive and spend the next 3 days in the area. He has a job interview at the hospital and they're checking out possibilities for moving here sometime.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Hi Rita,
It was really no problem at all. It was a great time to spend some time together, even though it didn't turn to be that much time. I'm glad I was able to help out.
Elise
Enjoy my kids, I'm enjoying theres
Twila
Wow. That would be neat if Kendall and his family would end up in RL. Hopefully it would bring his parents up more often. =)
Great to hear from you again! Still praying that God will work in Silver's life. Hopefully she'll connect with Colleen or other believers there. And enjoy the quiet for now! I'm sure it feels very different.
I thought about and prayed for you ladies a lot last week - I was so glad to hear from MJ and Kendra that it was a really good time of encouragement. Did you do any stair racing this time??
Post a Comment