Monday, July 14, 2008

Thirty-Five and going great


July 13, 1973 was a memorable day for my honey and me. So, yesterday we celebrated not only that wonderful day, but more importantly the 35 years that we've now spent living together. Although we started to plan for a big trip to east coast Canada already last year, it seemed the timing was off and we both agreed to wait for one year. With kids and grandkids coming home in Aug., reunions, weddings, our car wash project and my health (not to mention normal every day responsibilities), we both knew it would be too much.

So, instead of presents, going out to eat type of celebrations we gave each other the gift of time and also wrote love letters to each other. (Sorry, but I'm/we're not as open as our son-in-law, so they probably won't appear on here!) It was a good thing to just relax and not stress out about all that other stuff this year. I did make a yummy delicious fresh strawberry pie (frozen dough...don't worry), and Merle grilled steak. In the evening Archie and Rhoda came for pie and coffee, so that was nice to have friends to share with.

This morning I'm feeling refreshed and ready for a new day and week. I walked for 12 minutes without tiring, so that is encouraging. Hopefully I can do at least one more set like that (these include stretches) plus a bit of light work around the house. We continue to wait on the Lord and the medical people for appointments. God is Good! His ways are perfect!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on 35 years!We have had a busy June and then we were gone the first part of July returning last week! I'm just getting caught up on blogs. Sorry to hear about your heart attack, but very glad to hear that you are doing quite well.May the Lord provide grace in the coming days and weeks and you have appt.and plans ect....

Blessings to you, Denton & Betty & family in ND.
I commented earlier but I guess the computer ate it!!!!!! :(

Rhonda said...

congratulations! :) i have a little mental block about being old enough to have parents celebrating their 35th, but that's the way it goes, i guess. i like your idea of celebrating...love letters and pie. that would work for me. :) see you soon!

Basketcollector said...

Happy Anniversary! Nice simple celebrations sometimes mean more at times huh? And to be able to look forward to excitement in a few weeks....

Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary! Thought of you.

Rita said...

Thanks Betty! Yes, Rhonda it used to always be one of those numbers that was meant only for old people:) Between you and me, I sort of have a mental block about having a daughter that's 33 years old--soon. But not when I'm with you, of course! Thanks too Steph and Iris for your wishes.

Anonymous said...

congratulations and happy anniversary (again), mom and dad! that pie looks good; i made a couple of those the other day too. can't wait to see you guys soon!

Anonymous said...

Rita,
Can't say I remember that special date you mentioned but that is fine. Just wanted to drop you a note and let you know we are praying for your health. Also wondered about those lupins you mentioned, would they survive in Poplar? Where did you get them? I would love to get some for here.
Arthur