It's Sunday evening; almost bedtime and not the best time to blog, but I just wanted to make sure you knew I had a good week and week-end. Not that you've told me you're out there reading what I write (except you faithful few that comment or tell me in person--thanks!).
My honey of 35 years grilled some special steaks on Friday evening for our little valentines dinner together. I almost messed up our evening by making a run to help out a friend that was in desperate need of prayer and encouragement. But everything worked out o.k. in the end. I had made a mocha cream pie for dessert which went well with our decaf coffee to end the evening. I forgot to take pictures of our little white table with candles, etc. in the sun room.
On Sat. evening we went to our church's annual sweetheart banquet. The attendance was smaller than some years, but the food was a delicious roast beef meal made by Kendra and team with a choice of two desserts to choose from. There were some special musical numbers and talks on communication in marriage.
One fun "gift" this week-end was seeing a video (or two) of our youngest granddaughter rolling over in her bed. Pretty amazing for a 3 1/2 month old! Her smile is priceless.
One thought from a devotional book: A great Valentine would be a picture of Jesus. When we open it up, there would be our own picture inside, next to His heart! I'm so grateful for His unfailing LOVE for me, His daughter!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
glad you had a special weekend. we did, too.
anything interesting in your plans for the next few weeks? isn't this about the time of year you start all your traveling?
Sounds like a very nice weekend!
According to Merle's Facebook status, he enjoyed his evening with you too. : )
Sounds pretty special, thanks for sharing.
Twila H
Sounds like a romantic candlelight dinner !! :)
I am thankful for this special day to stop and really celebrate our love for each other as husband and wife ! Although we really do not need a special day to do that , do we ?? :)
Sondra
We felt honoured that you asked to sit with us at the banquet! It was nice to chit chat again. I'm glad you're also feeling better (in regards to your last post). Depending on what next week bring, maybe Scotty and I can come over for coffee. I'll call you! : ) We're heading to see Melissa this weekend, yeah!
Glad you had a nice romantic dinner. :-) I always think I'd like to go to the Sweetheart banquet someday. Funny, eh? Must be because you guys always went. Oh yeah, I did go one year...
Post a Comment