Why is it that whenever my husband leaves town, "things happen?" I think I know the answer, so I won't go there right now. With S. it seems to be even more pronounced and it gives me tons of concern, not just with her responses and reactions, but with mine as well. Anyway, last night before bedtime we had a bit of a "scuffle" and I went to bed with a throbbing feeling in my head and a pounding heart for awhile. The Lord helped me sleep just fine, but I wasn't up very long this morning before I poured out my heart to Him, crying out for mercy and grace to keep walking. After telling Him I just couldn't keep on going, I asked Him for help and encouragement and then put on Steve Bell's "Beyond A Shadow" cd while I drank my coffee and ate my toast. Well, I don't know when it took me so long to eat one slice of homemade toast; I had to keep choking back my tears as song after song ministered to me. The one verse of Remember Me that really caught me the most was:
"Show me your favor yahweh
Let it never be said that I've trusted in vain
It is your reputation that makes me outrageously brave
Hold out your mercy to me
Go ahead and correct me for the sake of your name
It's not much of a thread but my hoping is keeping me sane
..Again and again...
And it's that hope that I want to really hold out to S. and others around me.
God did answer my prayer then by having Ida M. call me and it brought me so much encouragement. She's known this family from contact in years past. Thanks, Ida. May all praise be God's; He is so faithful.
And thanks to my dear K., who is "babysitting" tonight so I can have a night off and be ready to work a 12 hour shift tomorrow.
I really appreciate all your encouraging feed back and prayers, etc. It will be worth it all when we see Jesus!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
i just realized i haven't commented yet; what a bad daughter. anyway, i love when songs minister like that. hang in there. and, way to go for blogging!
Are you hanging-in there, over there?
Thinking of you,
Elise
I just told keith recently that i think it's so neat how God just "dropped" S into your lives without asking you (not that you would have said no). but it's just such a God-thing and i know the impact on her already is huge. just being in a loving, stable, godly home has got to be such a blessing for her, even if she can't respond much yet. keep on!!!
Post a Comment