Thursday, July 3, 2008

My Times Are In Your Hands

One of the verses that kept running through my mind since June 21 has been the first part of Psalm 31: 15, which says, "My times are in your hands...." It seems like with everything that happened or with each new decision that needed to be made there came a peace knowing that all the days ordained for me were written in His book before one of them came to be. (from Ps. 139) Even now, I have so many daily reminders that I'm a frail human but serve an awesome, magnificent Creator who knows each artery by name.

Yesterday Merle went with me to see Dr. A., our family doctor. We were encouraged again by a just a few details that he shared with us. He told us that he will try to get me scheduled for an Echo Cardiogram appointment and also one with a heart surgeon to ask more questions. One thing, he said, that could happen, is that my body should (could?) re-sorb the "stuff" (blood clot?) that had formed (between the inner and outer layers of my artery) due to the dissection, and heal itself. That was exciting news.

He also mentioned that probably the reason emergency surgery wasn't done is because there was still adequate blood flow through that artery. So, I will continue to take my time with life and enjoy this time of waiting on Him as He brings healing to me. I'm glad it's summer and I'm able to enjoy walking around the yard or sitting on the porch in our back yard. It's all I can do to not bend down and pull a weed or two when I walk past them, but so far I haven't given in. I'm not to do much of anything that requires reaching high or bending/squatting low. I love hanging my laundry up outside but haven't done that yet either. I've already increased my 4 walks a day to 6 min. each, but could feel last night that I did the last one a lot slower than I had done the other 3.

God sends his love each day in various ways. On Monday Verna came and washed all the windows, inside and out, on the main floor. That evening the Weaver's stopped by with fresh brownies that Elena had made. Today Meika offered to come help, so she may get to tend my front flower bed. What a joy to be cared for in this way. Some people just come to sit and visit which I like as well!!

Rhonda, maybe I'll post a picture of my flowers that people gave me next time since you asked.

5 comments:

Robyn said...

I'm glad people there are taking good care of you! I wish I could too...

Rhonda said...

thanks again for taking time to blog. it's so nice to read.

and i would come take care of your flower bed if i could! :)

Basketcollector said...

You are in our prayers as you recover...

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to read that you are doing well. We have been praying.

Rita said...

thanks to all of you! when family can't be near the family of God is so wonderful to have close.