Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Now What?

It feels like New Year's Day in some ways. We're alone again and have an empty nest for the most part. Today I had 2 little girls come for a few hours and tonight K.F. is sleeping here after meetings at the office. But, after all the Dec. traveling and then having family here it is very quiet.

After they left last Weds. I tackled the mound of sheets and towels plus put away the last bits of Christmas stuff. (Well, almost all of it. The outside wreaths are still up.) Then I started sorting out closets and drawers all the while telling myself to be really tough and act as if I were moving so I'd get rid of any and all unnecessary stuff. Hopefully I'll have enough stuff and time to have a garage sale this spring.

We did travel (5 hours one way) over the week-end to help a small struggling church and watched the Lord work in peoples hearts. It was rewarding to renew friendships and make some new friends. It's refreshing when you know people want to move forward.

I am asking the Lord what's next and waiting each day for Him to guide me. I'm not at all convinced I should go back to my old job. I seem to have plenty to do ministry wise the way it is. I for sure will not do 12 hour shifts again, or maybe I should say I don't want to. Guess I'm too old for that. I did start something new in the way of expanding my brain but I'll let you guess what that might be. And no. It's not face book!!! Not yet anyway. In some ways I'd like to go on to see which old friends from younger years I may reconnect with. The other side of me wonders how disciplined I'd be with it. What do you think?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rita I found it intersting that you are in the mood to sort, pitch, and deciding what to keep or sale !
I came back from Holidays, feeling very much that way too !! I didn't get to far yet !
As far as face book ; I strongly feel it is not for me, for various reasons; and not sure I totally understand why I feel so turned off by it all !?!
I guess if I were real honest, I would reveal how old fashioned I am by saying, sometimes I think it would be wonderful to live again in the time BEFORE computers, period !! Sondra

Jenni said...

hehe. i'm in the sorting and organizing mood too! i just don't have much time to do it so progress is very slow!

facebook is fun, but i find that it's lost a bit of it's "grip" on me. i'm glad. it is really fun to see people from years and years ago. i think you'd like it... (maybe?)

Anonymous said...

Here is an Amen to Sondra.guess who??

Robyn said...

Mom! You have to tell everyone what you're doing to stretch your brain! Come on, don't be shy. And I'm opposed to facebook too, although I'm not really sure why...